This teaching covers the ancient Near Eastern culture and context of the hem and the special outer garment described in Scriptures. By understanding the importance of these items to the people in the ancient Near East we will be able to gain a better understanding of the message many Biblical stories were trying to convey, such as:
- The significance of Elohim stripping Adam and Chavah naked after their sin and the significance of providing them with new leather clothing.
- Joseph’s so called “coat of many colors” and why this garment caused his brothers to hate him enough to kill him.
- Why there is a command in Deuteronomy not to keep your neighbor’s garment as security for a loan overnight.
- The ancient Near Eastern significance of the woman with an issue of blood grabbing hold of the hem of Yeshua’s garment.
- The significance of the father giving his son a new robe in the story of the Prodigal son.
- And much more…
This is a 2 hour teaching and is an update to the original Hem & Garment teaching. This also includes the Concept Block for the topic.